Learn more about the new eHealth Exchange Hub!
The eHealth Exchange is evolving its technology platform to reduce information sharing expense, further expand its national reach and support innovative capabilities such as a national record locator service. The eHealth Exchange will integrate its FHIR Healthcare Directory with InterSystems solutions, enabling the network to enhance its patient-centric services while also completing its implementation of the Carequality Interoperability Framework, which is used by an estimated 600,000 physicians to share data today across and among networks.
Hub Responder and Initiator Testing
Hub Responder Testing – Hub responder testing measures your organization’s ability to respond over the Hub
- After submitting the Hub Setup Checklist, your organization will be connected to the Hub. The eHealth Exchange staff will send test messages to your HIE platform to validate your ability to respond over the Hub.
- If testing is successful, your organization will be promoted as a Hub responder. Your organization will then be asked to participate in Hub initiator testing.
Hub Initiator Testing – Hub initiator testing measures your organization’s ability to send (initiate) requests over the Hub.
There are two options for Hub initiator testing:
- RECOMMENDED: Self-service Hub initiator testing
- Using a test patient, your organization will send a patient discovery request to the Hub’s test platform with the goal of receiving a patient “not found” response.
- The self-service Hub initiator testing document provides the details you need to successfully test.
- OPTIONAL: You may join initiator group testing sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Testing sessions are recommended if you experience issues with self-service initiator testing OR your organization requires validation of all three query and retrieve messages, which include patient discovery, query for documents and retrieve documents. The documentation for the Group Initiator Testing session will provide the specifics and process we follow. Below are links to meetings for the recurring sessions to add to your calendar, as well as dial-in information.