Learn more about the new eHealth Exchange Hub!
The eHealth Exchange is evolving its technology platform to reduce information sharing expense, further expand its national reach and support innovative capabilities such as a national record locator service. The eHealth Exchange will integrate its FHIR Healthcare Directory with InterSystems solutions, enabling the network to enhance its patient-centric services while also completing its implementation of the Carequality Interoperability Framework, which is used by an estimated 600,000 physicians to share data today across and among networks.
Hub Responder and Initiator Testing
Hub Responder Testing – Hub responder testing measures your organization’s ability to respond over the Hub
- After submitting the Hub Setup Checklist, your organization will be connected to the Hub. The eHealth Exchange staff will send test messages to your HIE platform to validate your ability to respond over the Hub.
- If testing is successful, your organization will be promoted as Hub Responder. Your organization will then be asked to participate in Hub initiator testing.
Hub Initiator Testing – Hub initiator testing measures your organization’s ability to send (initiate) requests over the Hub.
There are two options for Hub initiator testing:
- RECOMMENDED: Self-service Hub initiator testing
- Using a test patient, your organization will send a patient discovery request to the Hub’s test platform with the goal of receiving a patient “not found” response.
- The self-service Hub initiator testing document provides the details you need to successfully test.
- OPTIONAL: If you need assistance beyond the self-service testing noted above, please contact email@example.com and request a one-on-one working session. One of our Participant onboarding team members will contact you to schedule a date/time.
Dashboard – The Dashboard is a web portal view into who is querying your organization, where you clinicians are searching, success rates, response times, and other Participants’ uptime.
- Login here.
- If you do not yet have Dashboard access, please ask your organization’s primary eHealth Exchange contact to provide access. Each eHealth Exchange Participant has been asked to identify one person to add and remove authorized individuals to the Dashboard.
- If your organization has not yet identified who should manage this account access, please email HubServiceDesk@ehealthexchange.org to set up a Dashboard system administrator.
Training – Watch these videos to help you navigate the Dashboard.