Let’s Improve the C-CDA Together!
*DEADLINE to pass content testing for ALL participants who tested on or before October 1, 2019 = May 1, 2021
Happening This Month: Webinar on Improving Data Quality
The eHealth Exchange has been collaborating with the Veterans Health Information Exchange (VHIE) since 2016 to improve the quality of data exchanged for the care of veterans across the US. The exchange of clinical data for the treatment of veterans leverage the eHealth Exchange network to improve continuity of care, reduce duplicative tests, and avoid clinical errors when patients see health care providers from different practices or networks.
Join the webinar scheduled August 25, 2020 at 2 p.m. ET to learn more about how the eHealth Exchange network has been working with participants and the vendors to improve the quality of data exchanged to better understand a patient’s health history, develop safe, more effective treatment plans and to make sharing more seamless and secure for a patient’s care team.
Stay Informed; Inform Our Work
Please visit the eHealth Exchange Testing Wiki site to access the content testing documentation. You can find it listed under ‘Enhanced Content Testing Program (Documentation Effective: 1/10/17)’.
Need a Review?
On Monday, February 5th, 2018, Didi Davis, Director of Testing, reviewed the new Enhanced Content Testing requirements and tooling for eHealth Exchange product vendors and participants. This webinar included an overview of the documentation and requirements for interoperability testing and exchange of clinical document content between eHealth Exchange Participants.
Guidance Documents for the eHealth Exchange Network
eHealth Exchange Content Testing FAQs
Sequoia Interoperability Testing Platform (ITP) Access
Is there a cost to access the Sequoia ITP Content Testing Validators?
- The Content Testing Tools are free for use by eHealth Exchange Participants and their vendors.
- The Content Testing Tools are free for use by Sequoia Project Member Organizations.
- If your organization does not meet either of the two criteria above, a yearly subscription can be obtained. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How do I get access to the Sequoia Interoperability Testing Platform (ITP)?
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
I have had a staff member who previously conducted our content testing leave our organization. How do I request for users to be removed from the Sequoia ITP?
I have lost my password for the Sequoia ITP, how do I reset it?
What is the URL for the Content Testing Tooling component of the ITP?
Documentation & Value Sets
How do I gain access to the eHealth Exchange Wiki to access the content testing documentation?
- Navigate to https://ehealthexchange.org
- You will see this screen, click on the (Participant Login) in the upper right corner – see screenshot below:
- Click the Register link as shown in screenshot below:
- Provide the information requested – your account will be activated immediately. Login to the wiki with your newly activated account. Make sure to navigate to the Testing wiki.
- Click on the Documentation for Content Testing Program Link as shown in the screenshot below to see the slides, testing and user guides:
I have lost my record of the permanent link references my organization submitted. How can I retrieve the permanent links previously provided?
- Your user can access the tooling at anytime to access the validation logs directly or:
- Send an email to email@example.com requesting your permanent links previously submitted. These have been recorded by Sequoia and can be provided as needed.
Where can we find the value sets or codes used by the content testing tooling?
How do I submit my results once testing is completed?
The Content Testing Tooling was updated, what do I need to do to rescore my testing previously submitted?
- Please navigate to the permanent link previously submitted and select the “Validate again” button as shown below:
- You will be prompted to confirm that you wish to overwrite your previous report while maintaining the same permanent link for ease of tracking. Click the “Yes” button to continue as shown below:
- You will be required to select the appropriate validator for your version of document again and press the validate button as shown in the screenshots below:
- This will overwrite your previous report while maintaining the same permanent link for ease of tracking purposes. It is recommended that you revalidate all reports previously submitted to ensure you have the correct errors identified for remediation.
We have completed our revalidation with the tooling update, do we need to officially resubmit our results, or does Sequoia watch for the results via the tool?
How will I know which participants have successfully passed testing?
How long will we have to remediate issues found in the content testing program?
- If your organization submitted testing prior to October 1, 2019, all remediation must be completed by April 30, 2021.
- Organizations who onboard to the eHealth Exchange network after October 1, 2019 will have have 18 months from the initial testing report date to remediate any defects with their vendor or staff.
What happens if my vendor will not be able to remediate issues by the April 30, 2021 date?
What is meant by a remediation plan?
Can I use PHI in the content testing submitted?
- No, please use ONLY test data in the document samples tested as the tooling is not hosted in a HIPAA compliant environment.
- The eHealth Exchange is working to make PHI testing available for participants in 2020.
How do I report defects found within the tooling?
- Email one question/issue/defect per email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide as much information as possible including:
- Testing Permanent Link with Issue
- Reference details for HL7 specification with detailed questions/issues
Where can I find known issues that may have already been reported for the Sequoia ITP?
- The home page for the Sequoia ITP Content Validators will have real time updates for any issues identified. Sequoia will coordinate with our tooling vendor to address all known issues on a quarterly basis. In addition, this page will provide information on when the validator was last updated. See screenshot below: